Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Lyme Beast: Argh

That is an accurate description of the last 24 hours.  I wandered off to lab yesterday, and came home fully expecting to get some work done.  Lo and behold, literally within a half hour or so of taking my medication I was nauseated.  I ended up yakking in the sink (closest thing!!) twice. 

After the second yak attack, I partook of the Miracle Gummy Bear Cure.  This involves slowly nibbling on a gummy bear while thinking calming thoughts to your stomach!  :) It worked, but my night of studying was gone.

I had a slow start this morning as I had some residual nausea.  I only attend required classes and was grateful that I didn't have to be anywhere today beyond my study room. 

I got some work done today, but now I'm going to rest for a bit.  It is 4:30, my normal low energy time.  I do have to admit that it is nice to be able to choose to nap at this time instead of going OMG I AM GOING TO FALL ON MY FACE UNLESS I LIE DOWN AND SLEEEEEEP!! Improvements...I will take them, however small!

In other news, my old horse is mysteriosly ill with a very large inflamed lymph node by her right jowl.  She went off her food and I am coaxing her into eating softened food with antibiotics by shredding nearly a pound of carrots in the blender per feeding.  That is a lot of carrots.  I think my blender will be permanently orange after this is done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment