Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Lyme Beast: Cold

This is some insane weather.  With the windchill, the talking heads on TV are saying that it is about -10 to -15.  I live on a mountain, so take 10 off of that.  Most of the time I am ok with cold, as long I am bundled up enough.  Today...today was a different story.  It took a pair of heavy weight winter running tights under my jeans, two UnderArmour fleeces and a heavy sweatshirt under my ski jacket and a hat and mittens.

The last two stall gates were hung last night and all the girls were tucked in due to the extreme cold.  On inspection, I found myself wondering WHY I have all bays (and only one gray...).  Is it really THAT much easier to find a good bay horse?  Yes, the color should be the last thing you look at, but I think I have literally every shade of bay possible and then some.  It is getting rather obnoxious...

Everyone was pleased to be in out of the wind.  I try to keep my girls out as much as possible, as I believe that horses absolutely do better if allowed to move around as much as they please.  However, when the smart baby horse keeps opening the gate and allowing everyone into the barn, you have to give in.  :)

I've got my last major unreal biochem exam on Friday.  I think it is 81 questions.  It is combined with a nutrition exam (80 questions).  I am on the last spiel of work to get organized...but man.  I am waffling back and forth between a well of depression and a frozen inability to do anything.  Thinking is difficult.  My brain feels mired in sludge or slime or icy or goo...you get the idea. 

Tonight. Tomorrow.  Thursday.  Then exam day.  After that, it is sleeping and quilting and fussing over sleepy ponies.  Who cares about Christmas?  I just want to have some time with my bf and my favorite ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment