Thursday, March 3, 2011

27 hours of sick (be forewarned...depressing!)

Unfortunately, that was not a typo.  27 hours of sick is exactly that: from 4 pm yesterday when I crawled into bed fully dressed to 7 pm tonight when I finally managed to untangle myself from the heated blanket on the couch.  There were some moments when I felt ok--somehow I made it to the couch from the bed in order to eat some chickens wings, for example--but there were a lot of zomg I am going to fall the *beep* over!!! when ever I tried to stand up.  (And if you have never experienced those moments when you are afraid you cannot stand because your legs are buckling under you, well, I admit to being kind of jeaulous.  Because they are not fun.)

Luckily, luckily, I had been working like a crazy person on studying.  I missed a required lab, but am going to see if I can get it excused becaues of the Lyme-wakeup-symptoms. Losing an 8 hour shift of homework sucks, royally, but I may be able to crawl out of it, as I have being working relentlessly. 

The weather has been ridiculously beautiful here, and I am stuck inside unable to do anything.  And it sucks.  Sucks because I want to go outside.  Sucks because I know I only have X amount of energy, and it has to be spent studying. 

And it is not fun to be studying exercise physiology, and being reminded of all the dreams that I have lost because of this Lyme beast--of running, biking, swimming, not to mention riding...all of the things that I felt defined me.  I am not going to go on in this vein, because I have a chunk of studying still to go and am making myself even more peeved. 

But damn.  Lyme sucks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment