Sunday, October 31, 2010

Lyme Beast: Highs and Lows

Right now I feel as if I could jump out of my skin.  The A-Team girl just wrote a fabulous explanation of what it is like to swing up and down in Lymes disease.  I can't express how many people have told me, "Well, you really don't look that sick!!" 

My response?  You are seeing me on a great day. 

Now that I am back in school, I have to drag myself out of the house even if I don't feel well.  And that takes a toll on the seemingly-ok person in the mirror.  Wednesday of last week was an absolute Herx, with me literally sleeping all day long.  I had to call my doctor to ask for a note to excuse me from required activities.

Due to lack of testing accomodations and the physical results of extremely high stress, I failed my first class.  Technically I am supposed to go to every class.  However, my body will not let me.  It is a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't, because if I go to class all day every day, then I will not have the strength to study at night, and my daylight hours will have been wasted.  If I come to required classes and labs only, then I am doing my best to conserve my strength and have some energy to expend on studying.  It is really a rock and a hard place. 

Anyway, I will be testing for almost seven hours tomorrow.  I get five hours for the written and about two for the practical.  So send me good thoughts, as I have done a LOT to prep for this bad boy!!  :) I actually am feeling good about going in and showing off what I know.  Amazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment