Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Who, Me?

I am going to take a moment to vent.  Just a bit. 
I had a really rough round of exams during our last celebration of learning.  I have been coping with a less than proficient quitting (ahem, learning) counselor with school, and she has been dropping some not very subtle hints that I should just take a leave from school and not come back.  She actually suggested that I might like to go to vet school instead.  Even despite leaving out a lot of our other conversations, I think it is pretty easy to see why I do not enjoy speaking with her.  I feel as if every meeting basically focuses on her agenda instead of mine--and we don't end up going over what I actually need help with as we get sidetracked into c-beep that my life pretty much is.  Anyway, right after I finished six hours of excruciating torment, I ran into Seed's office and made an appointment to go over some diagramming techniques.  (Note...I am referring to her as Seed with all gleeful and due respect, as I am certified obsessive nut about gardening, and she had the new Seed Saver's Exchange catalog on her desk.  I think that was a pretty obvious sign that this was a good move!). 

Fast forward till yesterday.  I got an email from the secretary for the quitting advisor.  QA wanted to go over some test analysis with me because of my poor performance on the last exams.  Well....wait just one moment.  If QA actually gave a flying fig about my situation, wouldn't it have behooved her to perhaps contact me to work on something when we don't have T minus 3 school days before our next celebration of learning?  Seriously.  Thinking about it now makes me wonder if she was planning to work me up into a crying fit (which would resolve with an episode of panicky freaking out at my house).  Yeah, great idea considering how little time is left. 

It was with great pleasure that I advised the secretary I had already taken care of the issue and have an appointment with Seed for the following day (which she books 2 1/2 weeks in advance because everyone wants to see her...another good sign). 

I grumpily called my mom.  She, being very smart, pointed out that no one at this school has ever seen me perform at my full potential.  All they have to go off of is the performance of one really sick student.  And she actually wants me to write a letter complaining of QA's comments so that it would go in her file.  Maybe if I start swinging some sweet work off of our next COL (celebrations of learning) I might consider that.  Then again it might just be more fun to think about riding

because

my new saddle came yesterday!  Granted, I didn't get to see it until about midnight, because I went to sleep around 7ish and woke up around 1145.  It is insanely, insanely light and has some seriously gorgeous leather.  I set it on my big saddle stand and of course had to sit in it...and I think it will be a very good fit for me and the girls.  I will have to try and tack someone up to show it off.  :)
***that is probably not going to happen till after exams, cause if I get distracted doing something right now, I am going to get tired, and then will not get more hw done.  Bad.  Very Bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment