Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sometimes Yes, Sometimes No

This is such a roller coaster of ups and downs.  Last week I felt really god awful during exams and refused to check the exam results.  Period.  I knew they were going to be...icky...and I just was not ready to see that.  I wanted not to have to deal with the stress of school and just to curl up in bed and let the world forget about me.

A week later...while not feeling fabulous, my mood has definitely improved.  I did what I like to refer to as good-bad on my exams....good enough to still pass the class.  :) It's funny to watch my grades cycle, as I do good-bad when I am not feeling well and then high Cs to middle Bs when I am feeling ok (case in point: BC with a 75, 60, and 85).  That is some serious grade fluctuation, all without changing studying habits.  Oh well.

Anywho, the classes are still passable.  I had a good practical today, with a nice patient and me remembering to frame what I needed to do before I went in.  I think I did everything ok, which was nice, and I remembered to do everything.  The real shocker: I got to DO everything before time ran out, and even got to redo the one test that I was not right on! Woot!!

So 'tis been a good day. 

On to horse stuff.
So I think on Saturday I am going to visit Melyni Worth and her Knabstruppers.  I am debating signing a contract for Colorado Skodstrup, a leopard Knab who finished his 70 day stallion testing this November.  They have a nice breeding special going on with a LCF guarantee.  However, with the chance of only ONE FOAL from Sophie, I really want to be careful what stallion I pick and if I am going to go with a Knab, them I definitely want color.  I have too many bays!!!  I am going to see offspring of pretty much all the stallions available here in the US this weekend, plus get Ms. Worth's opinions on my various mares and potential crosses for them. 

In silly mare news, Boo pulled her light stable blanket off the side of her stall and peed on it.  Isn't that just kyoot?  Um, yeah.  Not. 

I also was a super total brat...and bought a Freemax Acavallo GP/Jumping saddle off Ebay.  For like half of what it should be new, with fittings and some different tree arches.  I have a Heather Moffett that really is the only reason I can ride a little bit....it is super soft and does not hurt me to sit on it, plus it fits my wide girls.  The Freemax is made in Italy with one piece injection foam, and is supposed to mold really well to the horse.  It looks a little more GP/jumpy than my HM, which is really a VSD (versatility dressage) type saddle.  So bad me, but I really want to do a little bit of riding and big cantering and some weeny fences this summer....so need something that is more "jumpy".  Plus, I got a great deal on it! 

Soooo...what am I putting off because of this purchase?  Let me tell you...
1. I am going to wait to have my chaps resized.
2. I am going to wait to send my 2 pairs of boots off to Vogel to have them cut down, resized, have zippers put in, etc.
3. I am going to wait to purchase another nice bridle.  Boo on this, but oh well. 
4. I am going to call about my tax return tomorrow.  :)  Have needed to do that for forever, and that alone will pretty much pay for the saddle.  So yay me.  :)
5. And I think....think....that I will wait to sign any stallion contract till August, because I do not want to breed until late summer/early fall.  The only decent warm season here is summer and that is when I want the baby to arrive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment